Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All about the Nu-Lite Entertainment

SR :So what made you start Nu-lite?
Dennis :
Well.. Nu-Lite Entertainment, started due to a few reasons,
1. I was very intrigued by the clubbing and entertainment world, I love the scence minus the bs that comes with it like fights and other types of drama, but other then that I love it.
2. With my clothing line "Tragic Glory Clothing", we were recognizing that we have a following in Toronto, so we decided to use that following and build a base around it, pull everyone in, so we created Nu-Lite Entertainment. Nu-Lite is a spin-off of Tragic Glory Clothing, after you over come your Tragedy, you Glorify life with a Nu-Lite. It sounds pretty cheezy but thats what it is.
3. Nu-Lite has became something more then just a company to me, my vision of Nu-Lite from the beginning is a close group of friends and family (because we all do work close with each other), was to help each other grow and our industry grow. That's why we try to hook up with dancers all over the world because we want to help out the dance scene where it is needed, which is pretty much everywhere other then LA lol I don't mean to diss anyone or any place, I'm sure each city has talent but... it just seems like you have to go to LA to become a professional, well I want to open that up a little, why cant you come to Toronto and be trained, why not dance with the best in Melbourne? you know? I hope that answers why I started Nu-Lite lol haha check out www.nuliteent.com



Sr: Do you have some sort of motto within your crew ?

Dennis : We don't really have a mottoe but everyone that works with Nu-Lite, we stress the importance of honesty, with the entertainment business, it can get very, umm....competitive and not everyone is the nicest or honest person around but Nu-Lite Entertainment and its employees all strive in an honest image. So maybe we can go with "Honesty is the best policy" lol hahaha check out www.nuliteent.com



Sr:What is you most fav thing about Nu lite ?

Dennis :
Wow, to be honest lol, no one has asked me this question before. There is so many things about Nu-Lite that I enjoy, hmmm.. number 1: I love the opportunities Nu-Lite has given me and my whole team, For example, promoting Tragic Glory worldwide, traveling around the world, meeting great new friends, and of course working with the best in the entertainment industry like Kaba Modern, Beast Mode, SoRealCru, DJ Hustle Lin, DJ Ritz, and the list goes on. Check out www.nuliteent.com



Sr: For all the people who don’t know please run us through the things that Nu-lite Ent actually does and how long has Nu Lite been going for ?

Dennis:
Nu-Lite has been around only for just over a year officially, we are a registered and trademarked company, but a few of us have been doing the promoting thing for about 2 years. Its been hard, lol standing outside in minus 30 degrees, snowing and telling people to come to our club. lol

Nu-Lite has weekly night club events, right now we are at Frequency Night Club in Toronto on Fridays. The club holds capacity 2000 people, we have line up of star DJ's and always have some crazy themed parties. We also do occasional dance workshops with our friends from LA and Toronto. We also do video production, you can search us up youtube, NuliteENT. We do a few more things but Ill let everyone find out, its more fun that way. Also check out www.nuliteent.com lol



Sr: So u came down to AUS and hung out with some aussies, how much different is it from Canada, excluding the crap weather?

Dennis :
Well, everyone is much more laid back, everyone in Toronto is in a hurry, we are always worried about how much time we are consuming. In Melbourne, everyone was taking it easy lol which I loved, it was nice to slow down for a week and take in the scenery. The scenery is definitely different and Melbourne was beautiful. Food was also real good.

Sr:What did u expect when u came to AUS about the hip hop scene in comparison to Canda and also did u expect us to be on kangaroos and have pet koalas ?

Dennis :
Haha I did not expect you guys to be going to work and parking your kangaroos, though if it was possible, I would be soo down lol I did however thought and heard that Koalas would be pretty much every where, hanging off trees and all that, I will never trust that persons word again lol

I didn't know what to expect from the hiphop scene in Australia, I came with an open mind, the clothing is a bit different, lol because you guys don't carry Tragic Glory Clothing but we will fix that lol I would love to be in the hip hop movement in Melbourne or in Australia in general, because I feel that hip hop there is on the edge and about to blow up, I love that feeling when hip hop is appreciated for what it is and not ruined by the hate and non sense. Hiphop is not a fad, it's a culture.

Sr: AMEN to the last statement bro, i think people think it is a fad and that is something we are going to change lol, well do you plan to come back ?

Dennis :
At the moment I don't have any plans to come back but I WOULD LOVE TO COME BACK !!! lol I hope you guys invite me back, that would be awesome. UEG and FREAK ENT...GET AT ME, or anyone willing to bring me back hahaha GET AT ME lol I still need to try kangaroo meat, and I love y'all lol



Sr:Do you have any future plans for Nu lite or is that a secret ?

Dennis :
Well, Nu-Lite has a lot of plans, some I can tell, some I cant. lol I am working on a Dance Company called Global Dance Collective, which I am working with a few people from the tv show " America's Best Dance Crew". It will feature choreographers from LA and Toronto for now, with the intentions to speard worldwide. Australia, also get ready to go come to Canada for some competitions, Ill fill globalgambit in when I get the infos.


Thanks for the interview, I love Australia, Burn city especially. Shout outs to Global Gambits..oh yah Check out www.nuliteent.com lol thanks

Sr:
Thanks for your time D-man, and in case you all missed out about his website lol check out www.nuliteent.com

1 comment:

  1. Kuya!
    nice job on the blog. eyes were bit strained from the blue though LoL

    ReplyDelete